What an unforgettable week we had during the Oregon Bicycle Ride 2017! To all who rode the event, thank you for sharing your week with us; we hope your bodies are recovering and resting up today after an epic adventure. To the crew who made last week possible, you are magicians. To the folks of Sisters, La Pine, Cottage Grove, Oakridge, and Blue River, we can’t thank you enough for your hospitality.
We will soon be sharing blog posts to recap each day. In the meantime, we wanted to note some highlights and lessons learned from a week of up(hill)s and down(hill)s:
- Rest stops are oases filled with tasty goodness
- Few things are more welcome than smooth pavement
- Next summer (8/18/18?) is the place to be in Cottage Grove to help them take back the Guinness record for World’s Largest Toga Party
- Cool, shady descents beat hot, exposed climbs every time
- Oregon’s natural beauty is varied and vast enough to be cosmically improbable
- There is no graceful way to close the door of a “blue room”
- Bicycle Rides Northwest is lucky to host a cadre of thoughtful, enjoyable, and kind riders Every. Single. Time.
And now for a nap. Thanks, Team!